Marian C. Abram represents various businesses in Southern Arizona, both profit and non-profit, acting as “outside General Counsel” to provide legal advice to these businesses as needed.
Ms. Abram’s practice includes: real estate transactions and financing; environmental compliance; contract negotiations; employment matters; business formation; business planning; intellectual property; civil litigation; and corporate compliance and due diligence. Marian has worked with both business owners and individuals to achieve their business goals and protect their legal interests.
Marian also has special expertise in estate planning and probate matters, including guardianships and conservatorships.
- General Counsel for business clients in various professions (e.g., medical and financial) and in various industries (e.g. construction, retail, restaurant services) providing legal advice and document preparation regarding business, transactional, and employment matters.
- Owner’s counsel for the registration, protection, and license of intellectual property rights, including federal and state tradename, trademark/service mark and federal copyright.
- Legal representation of businesses and investors regarding sale/purchase of business and purchase/lease of commercial real estate.
- Business entity formation and succession planning for corporations, limited liability companies, and non-profit corporations.
- Borrower’s counsel regarding initial funding, refinancing, and acquisition (expansion) financing.
- General counsel to tax-exempt/charitable organizations, i.e., I.R.S. Code 501(c)(6) entities
- Estate planning, probate litigation concerning decedent’s estates, conservatorships and guardianships.
- General civil litigation regarding business & real estate matters.
Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, J.D., 1983; MSSA, 1983; B.S. 1980
Court Admissions/ Memberships:
Arizona State Courts State Bar of Arizona
U.S. District Court of Arizona Pima County Bar Association
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio Ohio State Bar Association (in-active status)
U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Presentations & Publications:
“Ethical Considerations” – National Business Institute January, 2008 Seminar entitled “Real Estate Closings A-Z: Navigate Your Closings with Confidence”
“Legal Issues Affecting Real Property” – Financial Planners Association of Southern Arizona, April, 2011
“Probate Basics: Informal Proceedings”, Pima County Bar Association, February, 2015
“Formal Probate: When Being Informal Isn’t Enough”, Pima County Bar Association, June, 2015
“Intellectual Property – An Overview, Women Presidents Organization, Southern Arizona Chapters, October, 2015
“Giving Time, Talent and Treasure: Non-Profit Board Member Duties and Responsibilities”, Panel Participant, National Bank, Arizona, Women’s Financial Group, November, 2015
“Don’t Get Penalized: AZ Prop 206”, Udall University Presentations, April & May 2017
- TIEMPO, Tucson: Member 2010 to present; Board Member 2011 to 2016
- Caballeros del Sol: Member 2013 to present, Treasurer, 2016
- Women Presidents Organization, Member, 2013 to present
- Commercial Real Estate Women, 2015 to present