Thomas D. Laue is a business lawyer concentrating his practice in complex business litigation. Mr. Laue has an extensive and diverse range of experience in commercial litigation including: real estate, construction and design defect, intellectual property (including trademarks and copyrights), unfair competition and trade practices, contracts, investment fraud, business divorces, interference with business opportunities and expectancies, and fraud of all types. In bankruptcy and creditor’s rights cases, Tom has represented receivers, trustees, debtors, creditors and secured lenders in cases including asset sales and purchases, preferences, fraudulent conveyances, perishable commodities, and general commercial issues. Tom is admitted to the Illinois, Wyoming & Arizona Bars.
- Successfully defended a Chapter 11 debtor in a $300,000,000 non-dischargability action.
- Successfully defended an investment advisor against a $250,000,000 wrongful valuation and asset sale claim.
- Counsel to a commercial building owner defending against the wrongful sale of the property.
- Counsel to a receiver in the sale of a commercial property.
- Successfully stopped the wrongful auction sale of a client’s acid hauling trailers.
- Counsel to the owner of a large apartment building that sustained heavy damage due to improper repair and remediation.
- Commercial landlord’s counsel for a potential tenant eviction, and obtained a settlement of over $500,000.
- Counsel for homeowner’s association to collect unpaid assessments and end the homeowner’s improper encroachment into subdivision common areas.
- Tenant’s counsel in a commercial building owner’s Chapter 11 case, and obtained the termination of the tenant’s lease due to the landlord’s inability to cure defaults.
John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL (J.D., 1991)
The College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA (B.A., 1982)
Court Admissions/ Memberships:
Arizona State Courts State Bar of Arizona
U.S. District Court of Arizona Pima County Bar Association
U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Federal Trial Bar of Northern District of Illinois
Illinois State Courts Wyoming Bar Association
Northern District of Illinois Federal Court American Bankruptcy Institute
Wyoming State Courts Federal Bar Association
Presentations & Publications:
Acquiring and Enforcing Security Interests in Cyberspace Assets, Journal of Bankruptcy Law & Practice, Vol. 10 Pg. 423 (2001) (Co-Author).
Acquiring and Enforcing Security Interests in Cyberspace Assets, American Bankruptcy Institute Western Leadership Conference, Dec. 2000 (Panelist).
- Cabelleros Del Sol, Board of Directors, past El Jefe
- Honorary Commander #355 rescue group, Davis Montham Air Force Base
- Home Owners President (2012-Present)
- DM50 Club
- Fox Tucson Theatre – Board Member