Janet Hong Linton is a trial attorney who practices in the areas of general civil litigation, with a focus on personal injury, legal malpractice and legal ethics. Her practice also includes professional malpractice, insurance defense, medical malpractice, wrongful death, residential and commercial landlord-tenant disputes and general commercial litigation, including AAA Arbitration. Janet has tried seven civil jury trials to verdict within the last seven years. Janet has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2012 through 2017 and has received an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubble.
- Currently representing attorneys in legal malpractice litigation.
- Represented attorneys in State Bar matters.
- Represented international corporations and the insureds of national insurance carriers in personal injury, premises liability and general negligence litigation.
- Defended numerous commercial disputes involving breach of contract, including defending an international corporation against a $5 million breach of contract claim.
- Represented both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial disputes.
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2006)
Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law, Research and Development Editor (2005 – 2006)
Georgetown University (B.A., cum laude, 2001)
Trinity University (Dublin, Ireland, Study Abroad, 1999 – 2000)
Court Admissions / Memberships
Arizona State Courts State Bar of Arizona
U.S. District Court of America Pima County Bar Association
U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Tucson Defense Bar
Boisson v. Arizona Bd. of Regents, et. al, 236 Ariz. 619 (App. 2015): Wrongful Death Case and Duty of a Study Abroad Program
Presentations & Publications:
The Case For and Against the “Case Within the Case,” Professional Liability Defense Quarterly (Winter 2011) (coauthored with Peter Akmajian)
- Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse, Board of Directors