MELISSA PETRO – Partner
• Business & Corporate Law
• Real Estate-Acquisition, Leasing & Construction Law
• Intellectual Property
• Merger & Acquisitions
• Estate Planning & Probate
• Charitable & Exempt Organizations
Practice Focus & Experience
Melissa Petro, or “Mimi” as she is commonly known, has a practice focused in the areas of business transactions, real estate acquisition, financing, leasing, and development, and estate planning. Mimi represents individuals and business organizations in connection with the formation and operation of businesses, leasing, lending, development, and general business matters.
- Forming limited liability companies and for profit and non-profit corporations.
- Real estate acquisitions and development.
- Business purchase and sales transactions.
- On-going business consulting.
- Financing (real estate and business).
- Intellectual property rights, licensing and related agreements.
- Commercial and residential leasing.
- Estate planning, probate and trust administration.
- Loan modifications, restructuring and enforcement.
Education & Experience
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., Order of the Coif, magna cum laude, 2003)
- Arizona Journal of International and Comparative Law, Note and Comment Editor (2001 – 2003)
- Northern Arizona University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1995)
- Estate Planning Basics, Casas Church and Kid City Christian Preschool, March 2,2013 (Featured radio show guest)
- Road to Prosperity, Arizona Small Business Association’s 2nd Annual Smart Women Smart Money Conference , February 2013 (Speaker)
- Launch Your Business Entrepreneur Workshop, University of Phoenix-Tucson, Feb. 2013 (Panelist)
- Forming and Operating Your Business: A step-by-step Approach, Microbusiness Advancement Center, January 26, 2013 (Presenter)
- Non-Profit Businesses , SCORE Southern Arizona, November 28, 2012 (Presenter)
- Seller Beware: Avoiding the Pitfalls of Foreclosures and Short-Sales, RC Thornton & Associates October 31, 2012 (Presenter)
- Arizona State Courts
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- State Bar of Arizona
- Pima County Bar Association
- Arizona Bar Association
- Southern Arizona Aids Foundation, Board Member
- Legal Community Against Hunger, Steering Committee
- Microbusiness Advancement Center, Lecturer
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services, Inc., Risk Management Committee
- Advance Directives Clinic, Tucson Family Advocacy Program, University of Arizona Department of Family & Community Medicine with the Student Health Law Association of the University of Arizona’s James E. Rogers College of Law, Oversight Volunteer (October 2012)