AREAS OF PRACTICE
Charitable Organization Law
Estate Planning & Probate
Intellectual Property Guidance
Labor & Employment Law
Real Estate Law
Melissa Petro, or “Mimi” as she is commonly known, practices in the areas of business transactions, real estate purchase and sales, leasing, and development, and estate planning. Ms. Petro represents individuals and organizations in connection with the formation and operation of businesses, leasing, employment, financing, and general business matters.
- Forming limited liability companies, for profit and non-profit corporations.
- Real estate acquisitions and development.
- Business purchase and sales transactions.
- On-going business consulting including contract drafting and employment matters.
- Financing (real estate and business).
- Intellectual property rights, licensing, and related agreements.
- Commercial and residential leasing.
- Estate planning, probate, and trust administration.
- Loan modifications, restructuring, and enforcement.
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., Order of the Coif, magna cum laude, 2003)
Arizona Journal of International Comparative Law, Note and Comment Editor (2001-2003)
Northern Arizona University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1995)
Court Admissions / Memberships:
Arizona State Courts State Bar of Arizona
U.S. District Court of Arizona Pima County Bar Association
Presentations & Publications:
Forming and Operating Your Business – A Step-By-Step Approach, Microbusiness Advancement Center
Starting and Running a Non-Profit, SCORE Southern Arizona
The New Arizona Entity Restructuring Act, The Writ, January 2015 (Co-Author)
Starting, Expanding or Closing Your Law Firm – What you need to know, Pima County Bar (Co-Presenter)
Employment Law 2015 Comprehensive Guide, National Business Institute (Co-Presenter)
Starting and Running a Business, United States Veterans Business Conference (Presenter)
End of Life Planning – Making Your Wishes Known Legally, DIRECT Center for Independence (Presenter)
- SCORE Southern Arizona, Lecturer
- Pima County Library – Idea & Space Lecturer
- Volunteer Lecturer throughout Arizona on Business matters and Estate Planning
- Southern Arizona Aids Foundation, Board member
- Legal Community Against Hunger, Co-Chair
- Microbusiness Advancement Center, Lecturer
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services, Inc., Risk Management Committee