Charitable Organization Law applies to entities that have obtained tax exempt status from a state or US internal Revenue Service
Our experienced attorneys guide non-profit, tax-exempt, and charitable businesses to meet their legal obligations.
- Company Formation and Dissolution
- Non-profit Governance
- Contract Drafting and Review
- Merger, Acquisition, and Affiliation
- Creation of Subsidiaries and Affiliates
- Charter School Formation, Governance, Restructuring, and Compliance
- Home and Condo Owners Association Formation, Counseling and Compliance
- Revenue Generating Activities
- Unrelated Business Income
- Significant Grants
- FQHC Qualification and Compliance
- Advice Regarding Private Inurement and Excess Benefit
Our clients include a broad range of exempt and non-exempt companies including: charter schools and educational organizations, grant-making foundations, hospitals, behavioral health, federally qualified health centers, incubators and economic development efforts, trade associations, museums and nonprofits operating or making grants operating abroad.