Healthcare Law deals with the rules & regulations that govern the ever changing healthcare industry. This includes hospital systems, pharmaceutical manufacturers, insurers, doctors & their practices as well as individuals.
In addition to our attorneys, our team includes registered nurses, trained as paralegals, to assist in the investigative process as a vital resource. Our depth of experience and the strength of our resources enable us to handle the toughest cases.
- Write and review contracts between health care providers and managed care organizations and institutions
- Medicare audits – represent healthcare providers
- Product liability issues related to the medical field and health care
- Assists health care providers with credentialing and privilege issues
- Medicare audits – represent health care providers
Regulatory Issues – HIPAA / HITECH Rules
- Assist healthcare providers in handling and investigating HIPAA complaints
- Defend healthcare providers in investigations by the HHS/Office for Civil Rights
- Assist healthcare providers with breach analysis and breach notifications
- Develop HIPAA complaint policies and business associate agreements for health care providers
- Conduct training with healthcare providers and their staff on HIPAA’s Privacy Rule
Our group has represented insurance providers, physicians, osteopathic physicians, naturopathic physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physicians assistants, pharmacists, dentists, dental hygienists, chiropractors and physical therapists hospitals, out-patient surgical centers, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, rehabilitation facilities, preferred provider organizations, as well as other healthcare organizations and providers.